- If you have a bandage on your tattoo, keep the bandage on for 1 hour. Then, remove bandage and never re-bandage.
- Run warm water over your tattoo for a few minutes.
- Wash your tattoo with your hand and mild soap for 1 minute.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Gently pat dry the tattoo with a clean towel.
- Air-dry for one hour.
- Apply a VERY THIN LAYER of ointment (Aquaphor).
- Your tattoo may leak a clear fluid, called plasma. This is normal. Use a clean paper towel to blot your tattoo gently. This step will prevent excess scabbing.
- Continue to apply a thin layer of ointment (Aquaphor) 2 or 3 times throughout the day to prevent drying.
Repeat steps 2-9 from Day 1 Instructions.
DAY 3 – Day 14
- Stop using ointment by Day 3, and switch to a non-scented lotion (Curel, Aveeno, or Lubriderm are good brands).
- Do not let your tattoo dry out. Keep your lotion with you and re-apply multiple times each day over the next two weeks.
- DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO WHILE IT HEALS!
IT WILL RUIN YOUR TATTOO.
- Keep your showers short during the next two weeks to prevent damage to your tattoo.
- Do not use Vaseline or Neosporin.
- Do not go in the pool, hot tub, river, or ocean for two weeks. This will cause infection or damage to your tattoo.
- After your tattoo is healed, you may apply sunblock to protect your tattoo. UV rays damage and fade tattoos.